Everyone on facebook is listing things that they are thankful for in their lives. I think it is a great idea... however knowing myself I know that I won't update everyday... So here are the 30 things I am thankful for! Just as a disclaimer... please don't take these as rankings!
1. Gary. I have the most amazing husband and best friend in my life and I am more thankful for him than I can ever express.
2. My Family. I have an amazing immediate and extensive family... and now I have amazing in-laws...Gary and I are so lucky to have supportive parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Plus they know how to party!
3. Jake and Millie. They truly brighten my day.
4. Amazing Friends. I have the best friends a girl could ask for! Even if we don't see each other all the time, when we do it's like nothing has changed. I have been through so much with these girls!
5. OCH- (Our Children's House). Even though I do complain about my job (who doesn't), I have some of the best patients. co-workers and opportunities a recent graduate could ask for.
6. The Jeep. As my first major purchase after I graduated I can't express how thankful I am for my Jeep. It is perfect for me right now!
7. Texas State University. How can I not be thankful for that campus? I learned so much and had the best time. Go Bobcats!
8. Toms, Uggs, and Sperrys. Footwear of choice when not wearing flip flops.
9. Junior League of Arlington. These ladies have welcomed me with open arms. I am thankful to belong to a fun- loving, passionate and selfless group. I definitely think that I am going to be a better person for joining.
10. Alpha Xi Delta. I met some of my best friends in that house and I can never be thankful enough for those 4 years of my life... even if I am just a little bit bitter.... :)
11. Flying Fish. It is just really good food!
12. Wearing scrubs to work.
13. University of North Texas. I loved that campus. It is beautiful and full of hippies! It was the prefect fit for me for graduate school!
14, Most Blessed Sacrament. It is a wonderful church that I am thankful to be apart of.
15. Texas Rangers. More specifically baseball in October! But good baseball all year long.
16. Katy Tiger Football. I think anyone who has been to a game would agree. There is something special about going back to your high school 8 years later and still enjoying a high school football game. I would argue it is the one place that people feel it is acceptable to wear their letter jackets after they graduate. (Not sure if I would agree...) I love that my parents still have 6 season tickets and never miss a game.
17. Heart of Katy Craft Show baked potato. They are delicious.
18. Crock Pot. It is so easy to make delicious food... and thanks to the new crock pot liners they clean easily too.
19. Gary's Bulletproof Vest and Backup Gun. I think this one is easy.
20. The Lake House. I love spending time up there. I am so glad that our family has such amazing traditions.
21. The Czech Stop. I think I was hungry when I was making the list.
22. That most of my friends live in Austin. Perfect reason to visit!
23. Our Wedding Day. It was perfect!
24. Opportunity to Travel. Key West and Colorado in the works for 2012.
25. Texas Country Music and Jimmy Buffett.
26. Great BBQ.
27. LA Fitness. I don't use it as much as I should but I am thankful I have access.
28. Sunday Afternoons. I don't do anything and it is awesome!
29. 7's jeans. They seem to fit just right.
30. The Outlet Mall. Really I tried not to be shallow but it really is one of my favorite places.
So I know I have so much more to be thankful for, and I just need to work on being thankful everyday. I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to this holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.