When I met Gary he told me that he was going to be a police officer. So I knew that this was going to be my life, and I prepared myself for Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving alone and the potential danger that he would be in every day. What I wasn't exactly prepared for was the daily loneliness. The holidays that aren't big, Memorial Day, Labor Day, the 4th of July. So the moral of the story is... I need to make friends in Arlington. So how does 1 go about making friends in a new town when you aren't in college anymore. Answer I really don't know.... we haven't bought a house yet so I can't have fun neighbor friends. I love my work friends but it's hard to hang out with them since no one lives close to Arlington... So I am back to where I started from. I guess I could join the Arlington Police's Wife Association. But am I going to have anything in common with any of those women besides the fact that our husbands work for the same department? Church? Could I find friends there? Alpha Xi Delta Alumni Association? Texas State Alumni Association?
I really just don't know the answer.... I have had no revelation while writing this so basically I am just feeling sorry for myself this weekend. Especially since Gary said I can't work as much as I have been. Sad to say that my hobbies were working on the weekends and planning a wedding. So now what do I do?
I actually wrote that last weekend thinking that I would come up with a solution over a week. Well I didn't. I even tried to email the Junior League of Arlington... their email was full. Maybe I'll try again later.
So this weekend I am in San Antonio at a training for work. On the way down I stopped in Waco to see Kaitlyn at Baylor. We had a great visit and seeing her dorm room made me realize how much I miss Texas State and the good old college days :) Anyways not to be sappy but I really am thankful for all of the friends that I made at Texas State.
Sorry this post was super random and sappy... but if anyone has ideas to keep me busy or a hobby I should take up let me know.